Wednesday, March 30, 2016

March 2016 - On the Road From Albuquerque, NM to Mesa, AZ

My GPS will calculate two routes for a destination.  I chose the one that took me off the interstate for this trip.  It was a good decision.  It took me through several national forests and through Navajo and Apache Tribal lands.  The entire trip was one beautiful scene after another.  Along the way I saw lava fields, deserts, forests, deep rocky canyons, mesas and multicolored rock mountains.  The downside of travelling alone is there is no one to take the pictures along the way.  To be noted, there were very few places big enough for my motorhome and towed vehicle to pull off.  During the 450 mile trip, there was only one scenic overlook that I felt comfortable pulling into.















I stopped the night in Globe, AZ in a Walmart parking lot.  The view of the mine above the town caught my eye and made for a nice picture.
















No comments:

Post a Comment