Thursday, December 10, 2015

12/09/2015 Denton, Texas

Met up with Bob Heilig & his wife Linda.  Bob was running the CAS training here in Denton when I became a CAS back in 1994.  Bob took me to a local restaurant, Moms, and had hoped to expose me to some real Texan Cowboys. There didn't appear to be a cowboy in the place. Instead, the restaurant was full of local Asians having an early lunch and there was a film crew from Japan doing a documentary for their food channel.   Bob was redeemed totally when the food arrived.  It was superb!

12/10/2015 On the road to Albuquerque. In West Texas, I passed a lot of cotton fields.  They were in the process of harvesting the cotton.  I hadn't realized they make big wheels of cotton the same way they do hey except, the cotton is totally covered in plastic.  I also saw huge blocks of cotton about the size of a tractor trailer.  While the top was covered with plastic most of the time, the sides were open to the elements.  I would have liked to get pictures, but I was on a two lane road and it wasn't conducive to pulling over.   Spending the night at the visitor center just inside the New Mexico border.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Not to my knowledge - we didn't look Texan enough.

      Delete
  2. And you didn't yell out. We are only 9 miles north of Denton. Sanger. Sorry we missed each other

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you were so close until I arrived in Albuquerque.

    ReplyDelete