Saturday, December 5, 2015

12/05/2015 Houston, Texas

Today I went to the National Museum of Funeral History.  It was a lot more interesting and much bigger than I expected.  They had a lot of tributes to famous people that have died and a large number of funeral transports.  I found the most unique one was a 1916 Packard Funeral Bus. It was the only known one of its kind remaining. There was a compartment for the casket to slide in and then seating for the pall bearers and 20 mourners.  A multitude of caskets were also on display as well as the history of embalming, funeral customs around the world and a trove of other death related stuff. There was even a three person casket.  All-in-all, I took 263 pictures.  Here is a sampling of them.































































1 comment:

  1. 256 photos? woa!
    some of those were really neat - like the basketcase origin.

    BUT when people ask me how you are doing- I cant tell them you are visited a funeral museum!

    visit one that wont freak them out so I have something to say!

    ReplyDelete