Friday, December 11, 2015

12/11/2015 Albuquerque, NM

Arrived in Albuquerque right on schedule.  As I was hooking up the water line, it was impossible to miss the big hole in the water cabinet.  The back had totally melted.  That is right next to the muffler so my best guess is I have an exhaust leak.  It will have to be addressed before I go any further.  More bad news is a cold front is moving in and we are expecting lows in the teens and highs barely reaching 30.  Also, a wintry mix is in the forecast.  Jeezsh!

On the good side, there is a Freightliner Dealer within a half hour and I am at a campground with friends, Wayne & Debbie Orechwa.  Fran & I  met them on our first caravan after retirement. We had a great time touring Alaska and the Yukon Territory with them.  An added benefit is this campground is a KOA and they have cabins.  Most likely, I will have to move into one of them while repairs are made.  As a minimum, the cats will be moved in to keep them from interfering with the workers.

Added Pictures per my son's request:





12/12/2015 - Bloody Marys with Wayne & Debbie.


Debbie makes them really good!  Here are her secret ingredients:


12/13/2015 - Woke up to this and I personally think this is just WRONG!







8 comments:

  1. Hope the repairs go well. We're finally out of Alliance Coach after a week of repairs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have pictures of the hole?

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should have stayed in PA! It's 71F today

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you are in the snow...I had the furnace off over the weekend...warm weather..

    Well, stay warm and get her fixed...

    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  5. John, if you didnt have bad luck you would have no luck at all. You could hold your own session at the FMCA rally titled "All the Reasons You Shouldnt Buy an Alfa" ha!ha! Hope your luck improves. Sending you hugs. Don (Sam) and Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I have very good bad luck. Needless to say, things could have been much worse. Are you south for the winter?

      Delete
    2. Yes, we are in Desert Hot Springs, CA 30 minutes from Palm Desert. Same place as usual. Will email you our new US Cell # in case I haven't already.

      Delete