Wednesday, December 23, 2015

12/18/2015 Albuquerque NM - 12/20/2015 Casa Grande AZ - 12/22/2015 Yuma AZ

Repairs at the Freightliner Service Center went smoothly and I was only without the motorhome for a couple days.  Fortunately, the KOA I was staying at had a small cabin the cats and I could stay in while Freightliner did the work.





During my stay, I visited the Petroglyph National Monument.  Some of the ancient drawings were really bizarre in that could have been drawn by more recent folks after having seen a space alien from the bottom of a bottle.  Anticipating the question, the park had included information about having dated the Petroglyphs to the time period of the Anastasia.

























After a fantastic visit with Wayne & Debbie, my schedule dictated that I move on.  The next stop was Casa Grande to meet up with Mike and Lorraine Lynch and then travel together to Yuma, AZ to visit with mutual friends Wendy and Doug Ferguson.

John & Wayne 

John & Debbie 

The trip was not without incident.   It was a two day trip to Casa Grande and I stopped at a Walmart for the night.  Next morning I woke up with a low tire on the RV.  Instead of having 95 lbs of air, there was only 56 lbs.  I only had 111 miles to get to Casa Grande so I pumped up the tire and with my tire monitor, watched it closely as I proceeded.  At Casa Grande, I called my roadside assistance provider and they came out and fixed the tire.  It turned out to be a 1/4" x 1" threaded bolt.   I have to wonder if I picked it up at the Freightliner.  Of course, I could have picked it up on the road too.  All's well that ends well.

The highlight of my stop at Casa Grande was to hit the hot tub with Mike and Lorraine before going out for a delicious meal at a Tex Mex Restaurant.

The trip to Yuma went smoothly and it was nice to travel with Mike & Lorraine instead of travelling alone.  We arrived in Yuma shortly after lunch and within 15 minutes of our arrival, Doug and Wendy arrived.  Had an early diner at Road House.



Mike & Lorraine left the next morning.  I will be spending the holidays in Yuma with Doug & Wendy.

Sunset in Yuma:






1 comment:

  1. John so glad you made it to Yuma and are with friends, Doug and Wendy. Also that you got to visit with Mike and Lorraine. Hope to see you soon when you come to our area. Hugs, Linda and Don (aka Sam)

    ReplyDelete